Saturday 30 May 2015

Denby Provides Advice

On a daily basis I will suffer with a surge of depression. What I mean by this is that I will randomly get seriously depressed and begin to have suicidal thoughts. What I want to discuss is how to manage through these surges. They're really hard to describe and there is probably a correct name for them but Denby obviously doesn't know that word. But, hopefully, you should understand what I am talking about. 

Now, when you begin to feel rather depressed. Don't sit and think about it. This is the worst thing you could ever do, (as I know from past experiences). Sitting down and just thinking about your feelings and emotions, for me, makes the situation 10x worse and make you feel even more depressed. This ain't good. What you need to do is get up and do something. Whether it is re-organizing your bedroom or creating a doodle. Just do something besides from sitting down and thinking. 
What I usually do if I feel a little bit down is listen to music. Music is my remedy for everything! Although music can have a bad effect on me as some genre of music can make me cry for a week, but overall, music is my life. I don't think I would be able to survive one day without music. Going back to the point, when you feel down but on some funky 80's music because that always cheers people up and if it doesn't cheer you up, then I don't know what will. Here is a list of the songs which always puts me in a rebellious/good mood: 
  • Pink - Raise Your Glass - Pink is probably my favorite female artist as her lyrics have so much meaning to them and to me, I can relate to the majority of her songs. 
  • Fall Out Boy - 20 Dollar Nose Bleed - Fall Out Boy are my all time favorite band and frankly, this song is upbeat and Patrick Stump's voice never fails to cheer me up. 
  • Cherry Bomb - The Runaways - Not many people may like this but this is the song for the ones who want to feel very rebellious. When I say rebellious, I mean, rebellious. 
  • Jackson 5 - I want You Back - If this song doesn't cheer you up. You have issues because this song is simply, AMAZING. 
  • James Blunt - I'll be Your Man - His voice is like an angel's and this song is just lovely.
I could literally go on forever recommending songs but I have to restrict myself because today's topic is not music. (This has given me an idea for my next post). 
Anyway, when you're feeling down, go outside. The fresh air is perfect for anyone. Take a long, peaceful, stroll in your local area. Or go exploring. I love to explore. Go somewhere where you have never been before and admire it. This will be good with music, just saying. 
The final thing I am going to suggest doing is, talk to someone. Never make yourself be alone because separating yourself from the world is defiantly the worst thing you could possibly do! In this world, there are plenty of people who care about you so much! Whether they're family, friends, boyfriend/girlfriend, just remember, people are there for you! Never feel like you are pestering someone because you're not! You're never alone in this world so don't think you are! Being lonely is probably one of the hardest things to live with. But being lonely is usually down to your own doing. You're only lonely if you make yourself lonely. So, when you begin to feel depressed and really down, get on your phone, go on your contacts and find the most closest person on there and talk to them. Same with social media sites, for example Facebook. Go on Facebook, look at your friends and message your best friend or someone you are really close too. You don't have to say that you're feeling down, just talk to them. This will make you feel so much better and I mean it! Instead of looking up depressing things on the internet, or thinking horrible thoughts. Always talk to someone! 

Now, I understand there is probably a lot of grammar errors but as long as you get the point I am trying to make, I don't really care, Now, see ya' later alligator! *Denby Salute* 

No comments:

Post a Comment